Got Cigars?

Friday, May 17, 2013

Ready To Get To It


I'm back in Bangalore India and raring to get too work!  That is one of those statements you'd think you'd never say -- like on your death bed you'd never say "I wish I spent more time at work!". But, I'm not on my death bed, and I am generally excited about the company I am building with a young team of energetic spirits.  

It's never any easy path when building a new company, and even more daunting when you're [as C.E.O.] the only one in the company with any business background.  So while I hover over everyone to make sure that our clients are being serviced, a wise entrepreneur also sets aside time to systemize the operation. 

This includes determining the protocols for your operation, department by department, and task by task. Without
a system in place that drives the direction and response of your employees, then you're just a sole proprietor with  a lot of workers around you, instead of owner/partner of a business.  

To truly be a business, things have to run like a smooth oiled machine in my absence. The recent three months I spent in New York City revealed to me that that is not yet the case for my business.  

The plus side for me however, is that I have established that we have a service clients are eager to utilize, and -- though a little rough going these past months -- a young talented team that quickly learns and adapts to fulfill those clients needs.  

The goal for me now is to Get Stuff Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment